Connecting PC to TV
January 7, 2002
by Chris Pun
Want to see your computer on TV? Or would you like to watch your DVD movies on your TV screen instead of your computer
monitor? This week, we'll show you some basic step by step techniques to hook up your PC to your TV.
Connecting the Hardware
Video card with Video output
RCA Cable for Video Out
Step by Step:
1. Locate the video output from your video card and connect the RCA Cable (Yellow Tipped one) to it.
2. Locate the video input from your TV and connect the other end of the RCA Cable (Yellow Tipped one) to it.
3. Now that you have completed setting up the hardware, it's time for the software settings. After you have successfully
connected the RCA cables, the next process is to choose the software settings. In this scenario, I will demonstrate it through
Windows XP. (It works basically the same for all Windows version from 95 on.Go to Control Panel, open Display Properties, and
tab to Settings.
4. Click on Advanced
5. Go to Displays
6. Click on the TV button to activate the display of the computer on your TV.
7. Now you are one step from viewing your computer on your TV! On the front panel of the TV or on the TV's remote control,
lcoate a video input selection toggle button (I.e. TV/Video).
You should now be able to view your computer from your TV screen. Now, you can play your favourite movies on your TV!
Note: For specific information, please refer to your user's manual and/or manufacturer of your products (Video Card and TV).