Windows XP Tips: Disabling Notification Bubble
April 3, 2002
by Albert Kwok
This article explains how to disable Notification Area balloon tips.
IMPORTANT : This article contains information about editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, make sure you
understand how to restore it if a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring the Registry" Help
topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
To Disable The Notification Area Balloon Tips
1. Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then press ENTER.
2. Navigate to the following subkey:
3. Right-click the right pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips .
4. Double-click this new entry, and then give it a hexadecimal value of 0 .
5. Quit Registry Editor. Log off Windows, and then log back on.
These steps disable all Notification Area balloon tips for this user. There is no way to disable balloon tips for specific
For further information, please follow